Investor questions around coin price and max supply

Front Page Forums Investors Investor questions around coin price and max supply

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cryptur

Hi

I am reading that the max supply is going to be 100.000.000 jse-coins and your pre-ico price is 1$ (so your day1 evaluation on the project was 100 mio$?)

But there is no word on how much of it is going to be premined/used in your ICO

Since the inflation is fixed to 2160 new coins every 24hours I wonder how this is going to work.

Lets assume you do a 9% premine for your ICO giving you 9 million coins

The rest would take
    91000000 / 2160 / 365
    = 115,4236428209030949 years to be mined

Also your promise to help financing websites seems a little odd since how can 2160 or better said 1440 coins worth 1440$ pay for any website traffic?

How could this ever replace normal website advertisings?

jse would need to be evaluated in billions before the daily mining output could pay for a decent amount of website traffic.

Can you please put some light into how many coins are going to be buyable in any future ICO and just roughly how you see the price of it to evolve throughout the next years an what will drive it?

I bought a small amount out of pure curiosity but want to make sure this is not a Ponzi type of scheme but a clear long term focused project worth sending BTC to it.

thanks c

#1525 Reply

James

Hi Cryptur,

The max supply is a hard cap that a lot of investors like to see. We could reduce this in the future but we can’t increase it because inflating the total supply would hurt all stake holders. This is why we’ve gone very conservative to give us maximum options for the future. My day 1 valuation of the project is not a hundred million but I don’t want to do anything in the short-term to stop us having a chance of reaching these crazy valuations in the long-term. So Pre-ICO we have set a hard cap of five million which includes crowdsale tokens and mining rewards. Bare in mind that the current distribution is 650k so we would have to generate a huge amount of investor demand to get anywhere near that figure. ICO we’ve set a cap at 75 million which will be sold on an increasing price ladder to protect early stage investors. So if demand at ICO isn’t there no more JSE will be sold.

The whitepaper has been updated and there’s a more detailed ICO and coin distribution plan in there at https://jseceoin.com/whitepaper.pdf

With regard to website advertising we are keeping the distribution of mining rewards fairly low a the moment to protect the coin cap. We could potentially increase this in the future and obviously we hope that when JSE lists on the exchanges the price will inflate inline with demand which will correspond directly to the number of publishers and amount of website traffic.

#1543 Reply

cryptur

Hi,

let me recap:
    so there are 5.000.000 coins for pre-ico + mining till ico
    then there are 75.000.000 coins for the ico
    then there are 20.000.000 coins available for miners

That sounds kind of scary to me! (and is somehow not properly visible in your investor guides)

If you would announce your coin as 80% premine many would argue there is a big chance of you just trying to get rich quickly with it.

Also the chances of the price per coin to rise is very low.
    For the price to rise the supply would need to be more limited,
    there would need to be a logic to be built in that lowers the inflation over time, like block halfing…

Also does your project really requires 80.000.000$ in funding?

what are you going to do with the investments and how are you going to grow in value?

And since you are going to do a ICO, are you going to see the coins as securities?

I have to admit I was kind of blindfolded when I bought my first jse,

The idea on a javascript based pow is genius.

Decentralization is key for maintaining strong fintech, but your coin runs only on your own pool, and you can decide on your own what to do with it.

So any decentralization you currently could reach is eliminated through your type of implementation.

The business model of your ICO unfortunately is too shady as if I could blindly trust it.

From your open answers I read you didn’t meant it to be shady at all, but I would strongly recommend to be more clear on how this is going to work or other investors and those who do mining will feel being locked in a ico bubble

thanks

#1549 Reply

cryptur

sorry,
    I haven’t read the updated white paper

so that is the price ladder https://jsecoin.com/whitepaper.pdf

Tokens
    Distributed
    Price

0-10m
    $1.50 = 15.000.000$

10-20m
    $2.50 = 25.000.000$

20-30m
    $5.00 = 50.000.000$

30-40m
    $10.00 = 100.000.000$

40-50m
    $20.00 = 200.000.000$

50-60m
    $50.00 = 500.000.000$

60-70m
    $100.00 1.000.000.000$

70-75m
    $250.00 1.250.000.000$

so you plan to raise 3.140.000.000$ with your ICO

three billion one hundret fourty million US dollar.

sorry but this is a bit over the top and not something any startup could ever reach

did you run the numbers?

Or am I making a mistake somewhere?

Further in the white paper you state

“All remaining coins (25m + any unsold) will be made available to the distribution account on a declining ten year plan. These will be used to fund mining, referrals and general business costs.”

is the distribution account your own account so you will continue selling it, or does this mean the rest will be part of the mining reward?

so lets say in your ICO you manage to sell 1 million token for a total 1.500.000$ would then all the rest of the tokens go to your account? leaving you with 74% of all supply?

thanks

#1550 Reply

cryptur

Hi,

sorry to be so bothering but there is more I need to understand

in your white paper you state: “We reserve the right to buy back JSE tokens on exchange using ICO and private funds.”

That is an issue. Usually ICOs should lock the funds they receive for the time the ICO runs.

Otherwise it would be easy for those running the ico to reinvest the funds they receive in the same ICO again and again.

Meaning your receive 1 eth for 300 token you hand out to the buyer and then you take the same eth and send it to the same address again to receive 300 tokens for yourself. this way the same coin can generate an infinite (well at least till all gas is used) number of tokens.

You should be very clear either by your code or by your white paper you are preventing this from happening.

I hope the source code you plan on releasing contains mechanisms to prevent this.

#4207 Reply

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Cryptur,

Good questions thanks for taking the time to put this together. The price ladder in the whitepaper is example pricing to demonstrate what we want to accomplish. I think it says in there that the actual price bands at ICO will be closer grouped towards market expectations at the time. So if advisors suggest we can only reach a maximum of $x at ICO we will group the price bands around that figure to adjust it to match demand.

We have had a few people mention that the maximum hard cap is too high and we agree generally. The issue is that we aren’t going to ICO until 2018 and we want to keep the maximum number of options available to us. Noone is going to complain if we drop the hard cap but if we tried to increase it stakeholders wouldn’t be happy. Regarding remaining funds post-ICO they will be deposited to the distribution account. This isn’t for us personally but will be used by the company to pay for mining/marketing/referrals etc. If the ICO doesn’t sell out it may be necessary to burn some of these coins but again these details wont be finalized until we have a good idea for what demand will be like at ICO.

The right to buy back funds on exchange is in there because it’s been pointed out to us that the price will be most volatile after ICO when the coin gets listed on exchanges and users can dump coins for the first time. We want to integrate merchant tools and stability will be key to making this work. One option that was presented was placing large buy orders on the exchange to create a floor for the price, this is post-ICO however. It’s not our intention to rehash the same funds to artificially inflate the ICO, apart from making it look like it was selling out I couldn’t see any reason for doing that.

I think we obviously haven’t explained our intentions well enough in the whitepaper. I’ll take a look at it again tomorrow and see if I can explain better what we are trying to do and the reasons behind it.

Thanks again for your comments.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Investor questions around coin price and max supply
Your information: